It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

3:04 pm Unknown 0 Comments

It's finally that time of year.. that's right, Christmas!

Each year I am itching for December 1st when I can finally sing along to Christmas carols, sit around watching both recent and old Christmas movies, and have the house smell of pine. 

As Christmas is only 3 days away, I thought what better way to celebrate this festivity and excitement than to show how my family and I decorate our house.


As beautiful as a white Christmas is, one thing I love about living in Australia is that we have a hot summer Christmas! Cooking the turkey on the BBQ in the shining sun,  But that doesn't stop me from decking out the house with warm lit candles, and covering every spare inch in fairy lights and tinsel. 



First off, the tree. 



As this is our family tree we don't tend to have a theme to it but rather use all the decorations we've collected of the years - I like to view it as a memory tree.
I cherish the moments of Christmas morning, sitting around the tree in our pyjamas, excited to see the looks of each others faces as we open presents. 


I think the mantle over the fire place looks beautiful when it's all festive!




On the mantle I've just used some decorations from my childhood and some tinsel. I've bought some battery operated lights from Masters in 'warm white', for only $1.50.
All the candles shown are from Dusk. I got the gorgeous mirror reindeer display last Christmas for my mum, for only $20.


Our Christmas decorating isn't complete without a Nativity set.


We picked these gorgeous Willow Tree sets from Myer.
Shepherd and Stable Animals - $74.95
The Holy Family - $74.95 




I love shopping during this time of year, purely because of how festive everything is! I would have to say that my favourite stores to go to during Christmas would have to be Myer (it has the cutest Christmas section, that always reminds me of my childhood!), Dusk, Lush, and and Bed Bath and Table. If you have these shops where you live, I would highly recommend paying them a visit at Christmas if you love feeling festive.


Dusk candles I bought a while back.


Father Christmas Bath Bomb - $6.95 from Lush

I would definitely encourage a venture into Lush and Dusk during Christmas time, the festive scents are amazing!



I picked up this Christmas Organiser from Kikki-K for $16.95, and it has been so helpful over the passed few months. I am able to jot down ideas for Christmas presents, keep track of what I've bought for people, and organise my decorating, cooking, cards, and dates to remember. I would definitely recommend.



To create this look in our hallway I just used some tinsel (which you can pick up from a grocery store for a couple of dollars), and some more $1.50 Masters lights.


I, of course, like to continue this festivity in my room as well.


What's more perfect than a lion in a Christmas hat, and Eeyore dressed up as a reindeer?!


Nothing gets you in the festive mood than some Christmas movies and books.


I got this mini Christmas tree for only $5 at Typo last year, and just decorated it with some mini baubles from Typo for only a couple of dollars more, and a $1 star from K-Mart.
I am in love with this Aromatic Candle from Natio, which I picked up from Priceline a few months ago for only $20!


Here's our (growing) collection of festive movies and albums, which are on repeat throughout December!






Even though the weather is warmer during Christmas in Australia, I couldn't resist buying a festive jumper. I ordered mine from Boohoo for around $30.


To go with my jumper, I ordered these two beautiful handmade hair bows to complete my Christmas look. I picked these up from the lovely Beauxoxo, for only $10 each.


And of course, it's not an Australian Christmas with out some festive thongs! I think we got these from Big W for only $6.


And finally, there's nothing like some festive mugs.
I got mine from Gloria Jeans for about $10 each (yay for the festive drinks!).
I usually love to fill mine with eggnog, or at the moment I've been enjoying a hot chocolate with a candy cane, to give it that Christmasy peppermint.

Speaking of food, I love the whole Christmas family lunch, especially when we only have this meal once a year. Dad makes a whole heap of roast veggies, turkey, chicken, gravey, and, probably my favourite, ham. And mum whips up her amazing yearly Christmas trifle. My last desert on earth would be her trifle, it's so good! I just love sitting at the festively decorated table with my family, wearing silly party hats and reading the corny jokes from the bon bons!




I hope you enjoyed this little festive post, and I hope that it might have inspired you :) I'm now off to listen to some more Christmas Carols, and maybe make a gingerbread house!
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, and a fantastic new year!

Caio!

Jess xx


Stores mentioned -

www.myer.com.au
www.dusk.com.au

www.lush.com.au
www.willowtree.com
www.boohoo.com
www.etsy.com/au/shop/beauxoxo
www.kikki-k.com
cottonon.com/AU/shop-by-brand/typo
www.masters.com.au
www.kmart.com.au
www.bigw.com.au

0 comments: